Credit card debt is a problem for many Americans. For many people keeping up with monthly credit card payments is increasingly difficult. Causes vary. An illness, job loss, low income, or poor spending habits may be at the root. Spending more than you earn is very easy to do, especially with the convenience of a credit card.
If you cannot make your monthly credit card payments, act immediately! It’s easy to get caught up in increasing debt. You may not be able to break free without the help of a debt relief professional.
What types of debt relief help are available? We’ll discuss some options that may help you pay off debt. Hopefully, you can use these options to pay off your debt and start enjoying a debt free life.
What is Debt Relief?
Debt relief wipes out some, or all, of your existing debt. You may be able to negotiate, or settle, your loan amount with the creditor. You may be able to lower the interest rate or even eliminate your entire debt.
Your situation is unique, and no one method fits everyone. Explore your options carefully and pick the one that makes the most sense for your situation.
What Are My Debt Relief Options?
- Make Your Monthly Payments – Use our Credit Card Interest Rate Calculator to see exactly how much you’ll be paying on interest and principal.
- Debt Settlement – negotiate a lower balance on your debt amount
- Debt Consolidation – taking out a loan to pay off other debts
- Debt Management – working with a credit counseling agency
- Bankruptcy – a legal remedy to settling out of debt. Make sure to consult a lawyer in your area for more information
The last four options come with credit consequences on your Fico score. However, not paying your debt on time may also result in negative credit consequences. The biggest benefit of paying off your debt is that you will be able to rebuild your credit later. You can improve your credit score with effort and learn better money management skills.
There are several types of debt that can not be eliminated or settled. These include child support, student loans, and other secure loans.
What Do Debt Relief Companies Do?
Debt relief companies negotiate on your behalf with your creditors to help settle your debts. The debt specialists have worked with thousands of creditors. They know which creditors are willing to work out solutions and which are completely unwilling to settle.
Debt specialists know state and federal laws that govern lawsuits, collections, and statutes of limitation. Your debt specialist will guide you through each step of the process. The credit repair program takes two to four years and you’ll be in contact with your debt specialist at least once a month.
Once your debt is relieved, a reputable credit repair company will help you repair your credit rating. A good credit score makes it easier to buy a car, get a mortgage or even get better rates on credit cards and loans.
Steps Debt Relief Companies Take
- Your debt specialist will access your free annual credit report from Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian. You are entitled to one report each year, but they can be confusing. A debt specialist will guide you through the report.
- A debt specialist will go through your budget with you to see how much you can afford to pay each month
- Your debt specialist will work with your creditors to help settle your debts. They may be able to lower interest rates, settle on a lower amount, or even get the entire debt erased.
Who’s the Best Debt Relief Company For Me?
Pacific Debt has an excellent track record with credit repair. In business since 2002, they are in downtown San Diego. Pacific Debt has earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and is a BBB Accredited Business. They have settled over $200 million dollars in consumer debt. BestCompany.com ranks them as one of the best debt settlement companies.
Pacific Debt offers a free consultation. Their debt specialists will perform an in-depth analysis of your debt and advise you on your options. They ensure that you understand all options and all the program details. Depending on your financial situation, Pacific Debt works with you to have you debt free in one to two years. The company does not make money unless your debt relief program works for you. You have nothing to lose and every to gain by contacting Pacific Debt for your free consultation.
Read real reviews from people who have used Pacific Debt to settle their credit.
A Certified Debt Counselor can help you from Drowning in Debt!