Whether you are looking for help with debt consolidation, credit counseling or debt settlement, it is important to know that not all debt consolidation companies are created equal.
What separates one company from another? Here are 5 important questions to ask when evaluating a debt consolidation company:
- How long have you been in business? Let’s face it, you don’t want to trust your money to an overnight start up and be some company’s Guinea pig. At Pacific Debt, we have been helping consumers since 2002 and have settled thousands of debts representing hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Is the company highly rated by the Better Business Bureau? Do you really want to trust a company with an F rating and loads of complaints? Companies that are Accredited Members of the BBB make a commitment to marketplace ethics and are required to resolve consumer complaints to maintain their memberships. Remember, all companies get complaints, it is how a company responds and addresses those that separates the good from the bad. We are proud to say that Pacific Debt is an Accredited Member of the BBB of San Diego with an A+ rating.
- Is the Company a member of any Industry Trade Associations? Trade associations often set many of the standards in the industry and their members are required to meet minimum requirements to maintain membership. For instance, in the debt settlement space, the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) requires that each Accredited Member company undergo an audit once per year to ensure that member companies are not charging upfront fees and are complying with all AFCC standards. At Pacific Debt, we are one of only 13 Accredited Members of the AFCC.
- Will you receive personal service? Some companies treat you like a number and basically have huge call centers designed to answer your calls, but rarely offer you any personal dedicated service. At Pacific Debt, we created a system where all of our clients get a dedicated Personal Account Manager who is there to guide them through the process from the first settlement until completion. Our Account Managers get to know our clients on a personal level so that you don’t have to deal with the aggravation of explaining your situation over and over again to a different call center representative each time you call.
- What are others saying? If you scour the Internet you can find all sorts of review sites and comments on social media. If clients have a good experience, or a bad one, they like to talk about it online. In fact, due largely to our great client reviews, Pacific Debt is the #1 Ranked Company on BestDebtCompanys.com . Our average user score of 9.7 on the BestDebtCompanys site is a direct reflection of our commitment to customer service and delivering value to our clients.
The bottom line is that you have a lot of choices when it comes to selecting the right debt consolidation company and the reality is that not all debt relief companies are equal. However, by asking the right questions and doing your homework, you can find the right option and company for you.